maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Venisse" <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: maven-components/maven-plugins/maven-install-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/install InstallMojo.java
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:05:59 GMT
> brett       2005/02/23 16:29:17
>
>   Modified:
maven-plugins/maven-install-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/ins
tall
>                         InstallMojo.java
>   Log:
>   there is no package plugin, so can't prereq on that - and prereqs are
ignored now anyway.

Why prereqs are ignored?
I think that's necessary to keep them for goals that don't have phase
definition (and other too) and we need to have the same result when we
launch m2 with a phase (m2 install) or with a goal (m2 install:install).
Perhaps we can run only prereqs if we don't be in a phase execution.

What's do you think?

If you reintegrate the prereq mechanism, will be possible to prereq on a
phase?

Emmanuel