maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jason's lifecycle doco
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:20:10 GMT

>I think I'm right to say that the reason m1 has problems with goals
>being run multiple times is the attainGoal element. The normal goal
>graph that's built declaratively can be analysed to make sure a goal is
>only executed once in a session. Goals called through attainGoal aren't
>(and can't be in general) part of this analysis.

While I generally agree - a clarification: there's a one line change to
turn this on in m1 so it is only attained once. Like much, it'd break a
bunch of things though :)

The problem is more about how it is defined - usually when you declare
"do this now", that's what you want regardless. Unforunately that's not
how its been used.

So there's nothing particularly preventing using such syntax - it just
needs some safeguards from abuse.

- Brett