maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Maczka <mmac...@interia.pl>
Subject Re: Jason's lifecycle doco
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2005 05:38:45 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:

>[...]
>At this point I'm thinking that pre/post goals and prereqs would be
>eliminated in favour of a way to modify the phases. The
>before/around/after wouldn't be required at all.
>
>I'm still plugging away here but it's the first time in a while I've
>been excited because I see a lot of the complexity of an arbitrary
>execution chain falling away to be replaced by a defined lifecycle that
>mojos fit themselves into.

Yeah! It looks nice. I still have some doubts here and there but I
trying to think about it.
I've been asking for "fixed lifcycle" in m1 mailing lists since a long
time!!

<note>Maybe even mojos which are supposed to be plugged into given phase
on the lifecycle
might have different interface as I imagine that they will be doing
similar things?
</note>

>Dain and David pointed out something I missed which is the placement of
>integration tests in the lifecycle but aside from that I think the
>lifecycle would allow the production of any artifact.

What about  "release" lifecyle?
I am also not sure how "site" lifecycle will work in details...
You don't see a place for more then one lifecycle?
At the momement I do (just about 2-3 more)! Lifecycle which is needed
for  integration tests  is one of them.
Lifecycle for "releasing" projects is second.

Michal

Galerie zdjec MOTO >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1844