maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject RE: dependencies in reactorized builds
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:25:43 GMT
On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 16:10 +0100, Maczka Michal wrote:

> I am not sure if I understood you - are you trying to say that projects like
> plexus (as a whole),geronimo, maven1
> should have the same version for all artifacts across the board?

That it should be easy to use the same version of an artifact across the
board but allow a varying specification if required. But when you want
to use the same version of an artifact, which I would argue is desirable
when possible, it should be easy to manage.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

the course of true love never did run smooth ...

 -- Shakespeare