maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Maczka <mmac...@interia.pl>
Subject Re: reintroduction of maven.properties for config orthogonal to POMs
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 20:23:18 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:

>Howdy,

[..]

>I'm not sure if there will be any configuration options like
>maven.repo.local but I think it belongs outside the POM and we can
>search for its value in a defined way like:
>
>- system.property (for tools that embed m2)
>- value in ~/.m2/maven.properties
>
>Or whatever is best we should do, I would like to align everything this
>week. M1 will obey system properties over anything else so maybe we
>should take the same approach with m2.

I am pretty sure that there will be other configuration settings which
belongs outside the pom.
Configuration of Proxy Server(s) settings is one of them.

I think we should rather use xml file then properties file as it will
give as a better flexibility
I suppose that we can try to use the new functionality provided by
plexus - linked and inlined external configuration for reading such
settings. Maybe we can introduce new component which will contain an
access to those settings?

Michal

Startuj z INTERIA.PL!!! >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1837