maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Maczka Michal <michal.mac...@imtf.ch>
Subject RE: idea: collector+executor vs reactor
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:14:06 GMT

Bit off topic:

This remaind me a bit termonology used in OMG's RAS (Reusable Software
Asset) Specification.

There they (like we do) use artifacts and they use solutions - and solution
is a collection of artifacts which solves
given problem. But there are artifacts are more generalized then it takes
place in maven. Specfifications, UML Models, liblaries
those are all artifacts.

I looked closer at that couple months ago (and managed to forgot everything)
but this is conceptually
not so far away from maven and its repositories and I understand well
Vincent's motivation to mention this.

At the momement I think that we can express everything which we need using
POMs and that "solutions" are just "composite artifacts"...
But it will be nice to threat sites, reports, unit tests results like
artifacts which can be easly aggregated (I hope that know what I mean).

Michal