maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Maczka Michal <michal.mac...@imtf.ch>
Subject RE: idea: collector+executor vs reactor
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:57:02 GMT

There is few more point which are not clear for me:

a) Will we have sort of master project - which are defing which subproject
it will process?
b) Will the list of pom which is built by reactor be passed to plugins?
c) Will the single goal be responsible for both modes of processing?
   I mean something analogous to "maven site"  versus "maven
multiproject:site"

I think we need a) and b) in order to have a possibility of aggregating
results. E.g. for making websites, creating idea projects with modules etc.

It would be nice to use special type for marking project as "master" . Maybe
someting like:

<project>
<project>

This will have bring some magic - when I will type:

m2 site - it will generate aggregated site
m2 install - it will call install on all subproject

So the idea is that there will be always one goal like site, install which
will have different effects depeding on situtational context.

Michal