maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: idea: collector+executor vs reactor
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2004 06:18:05 GMT
I think Vincent's idea is a good idea - for non-default configurations.

I'd kind of like to just chuck an -r at it and have it work, and thus
have the top level pom both the inheritence root and the master build
(where master build is not actually customised).

For the concept of a "master build" that requires some customisation
that doesn't sit with inheritence, I don't want a separate project like
we have now if possible. I think the workspace/solution concept that is
being proposed can work out here - grouping some projects together and
defining master build behaviour.

Here is another related bug: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1314

I think its worth discussing the use cases here some more - perhaps
getting some ideas together on confluence?

Cheers,
Brett