maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: reintroduction of maven.properties for config orthogonal to POMs
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 02:11:19 GMT
> Take the case of embedding Maven itself as a component. The whereabouts
> of the local repository is required: this is the case for continuum. So
> it's not simply mojos but Maven itself.

But being able to read maven.properties here is just convenience of having it in
one location. This is really continuum's configuration in this case - continuum
may want to be able to specify a completely different local repository and be
able to tell Maven that without using maven.properties.

> In the compiler components the location of the local repository is used
> for tests, and the comiler component is used in modello to check the
> validity of the generated sources. It may be in these cases that we just
> use surefire to set another system property for the local repository as
> we do for the basedir.

That sounds like a good way to do it.

> I'll update the configuration-management APT doc in CVS which I used as
> a starting point a couple months ago.

Cool. I think I updated it with my changes, but can't remember. I'll do so if
needed.

Cheers,
Brett