maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Test dependencies
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:27:03 GMT
On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 17:18, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are you ok add a test dependencies part in pom?
> I think it's necessary since we use transitive dependencies.
>
> When we download automatically all deps, we don't necessary want to download
> all deps use by tests (like mockobjects) in downloaded artifacts.
> With a test dependencies part in pom, we'll download only dependenies and
> not test dependencies for transitive deps, and we'll load in classpath tests
> deps only for test mojos like surefire.

John raised an issue in JIRA I believe.

There are a whole slew of issues that need to be dealt with but right
now I'm doing the grunt work and being a build monkey to get every last
dependency of m2 and plexus building under continuum. Once that is done
I will start seriously tackling the issue for the alpha-1 release, but
everything working under Continuum is my priority in the short term.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org