maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Possibility of removing OGNL as a core dep
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:49:59 GMT
On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 11:11, John Casey wrote:
> I see no problem at all with this approach. As a matter of fact, we
> don't even have to use OGNL for the marmalade mode. Marmalade-core ships
> with a basic EL provider which acts as a default. It's pretty basic, but
> we could easily use that as the default, and allow users to specify
> other el's a la carte.

Awesome, I will remove OGNL from the core then. This way we will pretty
much be impervious to any conflicts due to what we have in a core. Then
N different plugins can use M different versions of OGNL and it won't
matter one bit. Plus we'll get the added benefit of a 450k dist.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org