maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject Re: idea: collector+executor vs reactor
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:25:39 GMT
On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 22:58, Michal Maczka wrote:

> I think that -r switch is mostly useless.

In the short term it has been highly useful. It's highly unlikely that
we're going to get the context sensitivity we need without first looking
at situations that have arisen using the -r option.

> First of all it is a command line switch and this is not something you
> want or even can to use when running maven inside your ide or via continuum.

It is purely a command line convention.

> Secondly because I believe that for each project either it doesn't make
> sense to execute m2 with -r flag or without it.

The -r option is a necessary stop gap and the questions you raise about
it are evidence it served its purpose.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl