maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject Re: idea: collector+executor vs reactor
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:54:05 GMT
On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 19:32, Brett Porter wrote:
> collection only was introduced to the m1 reactor a little while back (thanks,
> John! :)

As a separate mode or part of its inherent behaviour?

> That wouldn't make sense from the command line, but would be useful if the
> reactor is reused from some other component/mojo.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

It wouldn't make sense to collect the projects and perform a specific
goal?

> Keeping -r on the command line as is, it should still collect first and provide
> the existing projects to the other projects instead of using one from the
> repository, as long as the version matches.
>
> That way there should be no need to install first.

This is the whole notion of the unified source tree. So POMs can be used
in situ.

But the collection and execution may still be useful in other contexts.
For what exactly? Not sure. Might not be necessary at all the in situ
works with the unified source tree.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl