maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Maczka Michal <michal.mac...@imtf.ch>
Subject RE: setting jar:install on its head
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:33:18 GMT

[...]
> I agree with both you and John - it needs to be simple,
> especially for regular
> development, but releases should be more tightly controlled.
> trygvis step-wise
> points covers this, as long as you have some sort of version
> control, follow its
> best practices and are happy to commit the POM twice every release.

I always agreed with that!

There are still many details which are not ye coverd but we will find them
"on the way"

e.g.:

- what "m2 release" means for poms with <version>0.16</version> (not
<version>0.16-SNAPSHOT</version>

- how "multiproject" release should excatly work (point above point might be
involved here)

and so on.

But I think we are o the right path! :)

Michal