maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: safe to attack the "small stuff"?
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:25:47 GMT
Quoting Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@maven.org>:

> As far as the components that will be used and the general structure of
> things now I don't see much change now.

Cool.

> Entire components may change but I don't see the composition changing
> much. After some chatting with John we think we've got the lifecycle
> stuff down where we have a session lifecycle and a goal lifecycle.

What do you mean by entire components changing? Anything on the radar?

> Basically if you want to add/change stuff you just need to know how it
> affects the lifecycles. Looking ahead at some other messages I see some
> offline stuff.

Not exactly what I was doing, but I'll keep it in mind. I'm not digging that
deep - yet.

> So go for it, just stuff things in JIRA so we have some decent release
> notes for the alpha-1 and we're good.

Will do.

> I don't see maven-core or
> maven-artifact changing much now to be honest. I'm pretty happy with
> them now.

Won't maven-artifact need a fair bit of work to re-introduce snapshots? Or is
this all being controlled by the version tag now?

I'd like to rekindle that discussion at some point post alpha-1, as I'm not
really sure I got a resolution to my satisfaction :) I definitely think we can
improve the release/development workflow.

- Brett