maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: update
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2004 12:18:08 GMT
Personally I prefer maven-jar-plugin-2.x. I don't particularly like m2 as a name (and it does
conflict with
an existing product - Opera's mail client).

The only m1 plugins that have reached 2 are aspectj and the app/web server ones I think. They
can go
one major version up if they even get written inside maven (but I imagine they are mojos,
which is not
going to be maven-x-plugin anyway I would think). This makes sense, because mojos should still
work in
m1 I think (or could be made to by providing an m1 wrapper specific to the plugin, even if
the jelly
wrapper doesn't support them natively). So v2.x of a plugin is just its evolution.

I'm -0 on the m2 name, +1 on maven-2.x

Cheers,
Brett