maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Maczka Michal <michal.mac...@imtf.ch>
Subject RE: Reactor execution question
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 14:15:03 GMT

[..]

> It is definitely a capability that will be inherent in the reactor. I
> want a way that makes it intuitive to do something like "m2 -r site"
> from a top-level directory of a project and have the reactor
> understand
> that site aggregation is what's desired. Same goes with the IDEA goal
> run in the context of the reactor. These two use cases I'm
> working on in
> the plexus build.

In m1 I myself have used something which in m2 can be denoted as ${pom.type
== 'multiproject'}.
Then it should be up to particular plugin to detect such project type and
possibly run reactor.

-r flag is surly useful in some situational cases and I am not saying that
it should be removed but we I suppose
it is even doable to guess from the context if we need to start reactor or
not.

For example for project which has a type = "multiproject" if we do

m2 idea

idea plugin should be smart enough to discover that execution of reactor is
needed and do what's resonable in such case.

Michal