maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject RE: Plugin isolation and plugin dep downloading
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:17:11 GMT
On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 10:47, Maczka Michal wrote:

> I think that generally this is good idea. However I think that we can
> simplfy things even further.
> I belive that wagon can exists without such notion like Artifact and can be
> relly "path" centric.
> At the moment anyway artifact classes are not used.

+1

I probably bound to many notions of artifacts into Wagon. The notion of
an artifact will vary in client usage so the client can have its own
artifact notions and remove it from Wagon.

> For Maven I think that such class will be sufficiant:
>

> class MavenArtifact
> {
>   private String path;
>   private String localRepositoryRoot;
>   private Dependency dependecy;

> }
>

> MavenArtifactFactory will do no more them translate Maven Dependency
> attributes to a realative path (relative from the repository root).
>
> PlexusArtifactFactory will do the same thing for component dependencies  but
> probably in much simlper
> way as we will have jar artifacts only and we don't need to have type
> dependend mapping in it.
>

> If I remember you wanted to have use wagon in ant like that:
> <get artifactId="maven"  groupId="maven" version="1.0" type=
> "jar" >
>
> imo it can be as well
>
> <get path="maven/jars/maven-1.0.jar"/>
>
> IMO this will make all together Maven, Plexus and Wagon simpler :)

+1

So how do you want to do this. I want to get this working asap because I
would like to get plugin dependency downloading working as soon as I can
in maven2.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl