maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Maczka Michal <michal.mac...@imtf.ch>
Subject RE: m1 and m2 co-existing
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 12:52:55 GMT

For which parameters?
Do you mean here that we are going to collapse project.xml and
project.properties into pom.xml
and maven.properties will replace build.properties?

The main use case which we have to support is to have a possibility of
fetching poms from the remote repository.
this means that most likely whatever the pom is it should be a single file.

I think that we might consider treating the pom as the conglomerate of three
files: pom.xml + pom.properties  + maven.xml (can be named differently)
and deploy to remote repository a jar file containing those three files
inside. Somehow I dislike this idea but that's the only solution
I see which will allow to have a single file in remote repository if
project.properties  file will still exists.

Other thing which we must think of is how the project inheritance will work
and how does it relates to reactor.
Maybe during reactor powered builds parsed poms (Project beans) should be
accessed via reactor and not from local repository.
I mean that if given project needs to access other project's pom (for
inheritance or transitive dependencies) and both referencing and referenced
project
are being built by the same reactor maybe we don't have to use local
repository for accessing poms.

Michal

P.S

By mistake I sent a copy of this letter to private accout of Rafal...