maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject RE: artifact types/extensions
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:47:08 GMT
Quoting Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@maven.org>:

> On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 09:24, Brett Porter wrote:
>
> > This is going to need more thought when I'm more awake. I'll try and get
> this
> > thread together on the wiki.
>
> Use the confluence install please.

That's what I meant :)

> > For now, I have done what is necessary to get artifact playing nice in
> Maven 1.x
> > by mapping types (specified in the tag, not the project) to repository
> paths -
> > check out the dist plugin for an example. Pretty simple and effective, and
> > shouldn't conflict with any latter move to wagon inside artifact.
>
> I'm not worried about Wagon in and of itself. I'm worried about
> terminology and usage differences that might arise between m1 and m2.

Right... well this is all hidden inside the plugins, there is no modifications
to the POM. Those building plugins that use artifact will be the only ones that
notice - but since so much changes between m1 and m2 this is a mere blip.

Still, let me know if there are any big issues with the way I've done it.

I'll summarise the issues for m2 in a new email just to make sure I've got it
clear now.

Thanks,
Brett