maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: m1 and m2 co-existing
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 00:42:44 GMT
Firstly, can we please make sure the reply-to: on the list is set to the list?

Back on topic, I think these are both good as long as we don't make a habit of it :)

I have a couple of Q's and thoughts:
- how does a user override something that is in the POM? ie what
build.properties used to do
- we should address the number of issues surrounding properties whether they are
in the POM or not (including things like the repo location, etc). Users want
installation-wide defaults, user defaults, installation-wide overrides, user
overrides and per-project overrides. Maven 1 only has the installation-wide
defaults (defaults.properties built into Maven), user overrides
(~/build.properties) and per project overrides (./build.properties).
- I also want to make sure none of these names are ever hardcoded, so you can
specify an alternative on the command line, or an env var

Cheers,
Brett