maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: artifact types/extensions
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 04:59:39 GMT
Hi Brett,

I agree that we need a way to relate different produced artifacts to a
project id. ATM this is not possible and causing problems for the ejb
plugin for example (which generates 2 artifacts: a main jar + a client
jar).

A "derivative" would work I guess.

I'd much prefer that the version remains at the end of the artifact name
though.

What is the "format"? Is it the extension?

It is currently not possible to introduce a new artifact type that
doesn't end with .<type> (like we need for ear, war, rar, etc) without
modifying Maven core code. Adding the optional <extension> (or <format>)
element would allow for this.

Thanks
-Vincent