maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Duncan Kinnear (Jira)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (MRESOURCES-265) Resource copying not using specified encoding
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2020 22:33:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRESOURCES-265?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17177354#comment-17177354
] 

Duncan Kinnear commented on MRESOURCES-265:
-------------------------------------------

Actually, for just now I'm not going to attach this file as someone here has said that it
could be a security issue.

If you really need it, I can perhaps email it directly to someone.

> Resource copying not using specified encoding
> ---------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MRESOURCES-265
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRESOURCES-265
>             Project: Maven Resources Plugin
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: copy
>    Affects Versions: 3.2.0
>         Environment: Linux, CentOS 7
> Jenkins 2.251
> Jenkins Maven Integration plugin 3.1.2
> Java 1.8
>            Reporter: Duncan Kinnear
>            Priority: Major
>
> Overnight our Jenkins builds stopped working. On investigation we found that maven-resources-plugin
version used yesterday was 3.1.0 (which worked fine) and today it was using 3.2.0.
> The stacktrace produced by adding the "e" switch to the maven command line had the following
root cause (truncated for brevity):-
> Caused by: java.nio.charset.MalformedInputException: Input length = 1
>  at java.nio.charset.CoderResult.throwException (CoderResult.java:281)
>  at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead (StreamDecoder.java:339)
>  at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read (StreamDecoder.java:178)
>  at java.io.InputStreamReader.read (InputStreamReader.java:184)
>  at java.io.BufferedReader.read1 (BufferedReader.java:210)
>  at java.io.BufferedReader.read (BufferedReader.java:286)
>  at java.io.BufferedReader.fill (BufferedReader.java:161)
>  at java.io.BufferedReader.read (BufferedReader.java:182)
>  at org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.BoundedReader.read (BoundedReader.java:85)
>  at org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.MultiDelimiterInterpolatorFilterReaderLineEnding.read
(MultiDelimiterInterpolatorFilterReaderLineEnding.java:235)
>  at org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.MultiDelimiterInterpolatorFilterReaderLineEnding.read
(MultiDelimiterInterpolatorFilterReaderLineEnding.java:197)
>  at java.io.Reader.read (Reader.java:140)
>  at org.apache.maven.shared.utils.io.IOUtil.copy (IOUtil.java:199)
>  
> After a google search told us this was an encoding issue, we added the following to the
maven command line, but this made no difference:
> -Dproject.build.sourceEncoding=UTF-8 -Dproject.reporting.outputEncoding=UTF-8
>  
> The maven build log has these info messsage just before the error:
> [INFO] — maven-resources-plugin:3.2.0:resources (default-cli) @ uniworks —
>  [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
>  [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered properties files.
>  [INFO] Copying 430 resources
> We only 'fixed' the problem by specifying version 3.1.0 of the plugin in the projects
POM 'pluginManagement' section.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.3.4#803005)

Mime
View raw message