maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Michael Osipov (Jira)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (MNG-6951) Failing integration test MNG-6386 (Unicode chars) on macOS
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2020 17:52:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6951?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17149608#comment-17149608
] 

Michael Osipov commented on MNG-6951:
-------------------------------------

Now this is different as you can see. This basically means that either Git has modified the
filename or Java does some magic.

Please run Java REPL again with the *manually* created file via Terminal or Finder as well
as the one from the Git repo. Pass Java to {{truss(1)}}/{{dtruss(1)}} first and output the
output first.

> Failing integration test MNG-6386 (Unicode chars) on macOS
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MNG-6951
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6951
>             Project: Maven
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: core
>         Environment: macOS
>            Reporter: Maarten Mulders
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 15.28.33.png, log-basic.txt, profile.properties
>
>
> Ever since I started contributing on Maven, I noticed that there's one integration test
that fails on my machine (a Macbook). The test is located in the {{MavenITmng6386BaseUriPropertyTest}}
class, more specifically the {{testitMNG6386UnicodeChars}} method.
> I always thought it would be "just" my machine but in the last week, two things happened.
>  # I reinstalled macOS on my machine. Unfortunately, the test still fails on the freshly
installed macOS.
>  # Together with [~MartinKanters], I started experimenting with GitHub actions, which
also provides free macOS builds. The test also fails on those machines.
> I've tried to debug why the test fails. The assertion that fails is the last one, which
checks for some Russian text in a property. But I don't understand the reason for the failure.
> The {{mng-6386-это по-русский}} folder gets checked out by Git on APFS using
the expected filename, as you can see in the attached screenshot.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.3.4#803005)

Mime
View raw message