maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alon Bar-Lev (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (MJAVADOC-400) aggregate-jar does nothing if called as part of a reactor build
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2017 10:16:02 GMT


Alon Bar-Lev commented on MJAVADOC-400:


What is the status of this?

I also bump into the problem when trying to create aggregation of javadoc in a submodule and
use mvn install target.

+ root
   + submodule1
      (aggregate at phase install)
      + jar11
      + jar12
   + submodule2
      (aggregate at phase install)
      + jar21
      + jar22

mvn clean install on the root aggregates the root and ignore phase execution on submodules.

Change directory into submoduleX and running mvn install triggers the aggregation, unexpected

Please fix.


> aggregate-jar does nothing if called as part of a reactor build
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: MJAVADOC-400
>                 URL:
>             Project: Maven Javadoc Plugin
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 2.9.1
>         Environment: Reproduced with Oracle Java 1.7.0_45, Maven 3.0.5. Also reproduced
with Maven 3.2.2.
>            Reporter: Philip Aston
>         Attachments: MJAVADOC-400-maven-javadoc-plugin.patch
> The attached {{reproduction.tgz}} contains a multi-module project _com.repo:parent_,
and two child modules, _com.repo:module_a_ and _com.repo:module_b_. _com.repo:module-a_ is
a jar module that contains a Java class. _com.repo:module-b_ depends on _com.repo:module-a_
and has uses {{javadoc:aggregate-jar}} to create a javadoc attachment.
> If I change into the {{module_b}} directory and run {{mvn clean install}}, a {{com.repo:module-b:javadoc}}
attachment is not created.
> However, if I run {{mvn clean install}} from the top level, a {{com.repo:module-b:javadoc}}
attachment is *not* created. I believe this to be a bug.
> Running with -X shows that the aggregate-jar mojo is configured, but never executed.
> If I change to {{module-b}} and run with -X, I see an MultipleArtifactsNotFoundException,
but it otherwise behaves as I would expect. This looks similar to the symptoms of MVN-4618.

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

View raw message