maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Robert Scholte (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (MPIR-234) SCM-link in site of multimodule projects should not append module name by default (at least for git)
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 19:31:47 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPIR-234?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14682341#comment-14682341
] 

Robert Scholte commented on MPIR-234:
-------------------------------------

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of [~stephenc]. 
- No scm specific logic in Maven core.
- Relying on the scm of the parent isn't always correct. Instead only a moduled pom can calculate
the actual connection for its modules.
- For the m-release-p it'll be much easier: no scm on the execution root, then it is not a
valid release root. This will prevent a lot of issues when starting a new Maven project which
fail when tagging due to incorrect inheritance.
This is actually one of the things I tried to fix with maven-project-utils' [ScmUtils.java|http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/shared/trunk/maven-project-utils/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/shared/project/utils/ScmUtils.java?view=markup].
If we want to expose the connection for submodules like now is done for svn, we could adjust
the pom.xml during a release: all poms are touched anyway and m-release-p already has the
required scm dependency so the calculation should be simple.

> SCM-link in site of multimodule projects should not append module name by default (at
least for git)
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MPIR-234
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPIR-234
>             Project: Maven Project Info Reports Plugin
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: scm
>    Affects Versions: 2.4
>            Reporter: Mirko Friedenhagen
>
> I have setup a simple multi module project (see https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/multi-module-sample/tree/multi-site-complex)
which uses git on github as {{scm}}. While rendering the site, MPIR will by default add the
name of the module to the SCM-URLs in source-repository.html. So instead of https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/multi-module-sample/
I see https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/multi-module-sample/core/, git@github.com:mfriedenhagen/multi-module-sample.git/core
and git://github.com/mfriedenhagen/multi-module-sample.git/core in the report for the core
module. All these URLs are invalid. For SVN this could be assumed to be the right behaviour,
for git and probably other SCMs this is not true. As a workaround I have to reconfigure the
scm section (see https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/multi-module-sample/blob/multi-site-complex/core/pom.xml)
in the modules like this:
> {code:xml}
> <scm>
>   <connection>${project.parent.scm.connection}</connection>
>   <developerConnection>${project.parent.scm.developerConnection}</developerConnection>
>   <url>${project.parent.scm.url}</url>
> </scm>
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message