maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Robert Scholte (JIRA)" <j...@codehaus.org>
Subject [jira] (MNG-5516) ${project.basedir} in profile activation exists clause strange behavior
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 21:28:45 GMT

     [ https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5516?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Robert Scholte closed MNG-5516.
-------------------------------

    Resolution: Not A Bug
      Assignee: Robert Scholte

This is by design, see http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Activation
                
> ${project.basedir} in profile activation exists clause strange behavior
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MNG-5516
>                 URL: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5516
>             Project: Maven 2 & 3
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Profiles
>    Affects Versions: 3.0.5, 3.1.0
>         Environment: uname -a 
> Linux localhost 3.2.0-23-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 10 20:39:51 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux
> mvn -version 
> Apache Maven 3.1.0 (893ca28a1da9d5f51ac03827af98bb730128f9f2; 2013-06-28 04:15:32+0200)
> Maven home: /usr/local/apache-maven/apache-maven-3.1.0
> Java version: 1.6.0_37, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
> Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_37/jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
> OS name: "linux", version: "3.2.0-23-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"
>            Reporter: Ivan ?ipka
>            Assignee: Robert Scholte
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: project.tar.gz
>
>
> directory structure:
> {noformat}
>  pom.xml
>  dir
> {noformat}
> relevant pom part:
> {code:xml}
> <profiles>
> 		<profile>
> 		    <id>P1</id>
> 		    <activation>
>         		<file>
>         		    <exists>${project.basedir}/dir/</exists>
> 		        </file>
> 		    </activation>
> 		</profile>
> 		<profile>
>     		<id>P2</id>
> 		    <activation>
> 		        <file>
>         		    <exists>${basedir}/dir/</exists>
> 		        </file>
> 		    </activation>
> 		</profile>
> 	 </profiles>
> {code}
> {noformat}
> mvn help:profiles-all
>   Profile Id: P2 (Active: true , Source: pom)
>   Profile Id: P1 (Active: false , Source: pom)
> {noformat}
> Since dir exists this leads to conclusion that $\{project.basedir} in P1 does not resolve
properly.
> {noformat}
> mvn help:effective-pom relevant part:
> {noformat}
> {code:xml}
>   <profiles>
>     <profile>
>       <id>P1</id>
>       <activation>
>         <file>
>           <exists>/home/isipka/NetBeansProjects/test-maven/simple/dir/</exists>
>         </file>
>       </activation>
>     </profile>
>     <profile>
>       <id>P2</id>
>       <activation>
>         <file>
>           <exists>/home/isipka/NetBeansProjects/test-maven/simple/dir/</exists>
>         </file>
>       </activation>
>     </profile>
>   </profiles>
> {code}
> both $\{project.basedir} in P1 and $\{basedir} in P2 have resolved properly.
> AFAIK this is a bug. If not, or you need additional info please contact me. I have tested
this on 3.0.5 the behavior is the same. I have found out about it here http://stackoverflow.com/q/18868772/679982

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message