maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Emeric MARTINEAU (JIRA)" <j...@codehaus.org>
Subject [jira] (MRESOURCES-118) ${project.dependencies[0].artifactId} is not expanded by resource filtering
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:49:05 GMT

    [ https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRESOURCES-118?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=328349#comment-328349
] 

Emeric MARTINEAU commented on MRESOURCES-118:
---------------------------------------------

Hi,

I trie this,
{code:xml}
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
	<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
	<groupId>fr.emeric</groupId>
	<artifactId>titi</artifactId>
	<packaging>war</packaging>
	<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
	<name>Kiko lolo</name>

	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
			<artifactId>maven-plugin-api</artifactId>
			<version>2.0.6</version>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>

	<properties>
		<myVar>${project.dependencies[0].artifactId}</myVar>
	</properties>

	<build>
		<resources>
			<resource>
				<directory>src/main/resources</directory>
				<filtering>true</filtering>
			</resource>
		</resources>
		
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<phase>generate-sources</phase>
						<configuration>
							<tasks>
								<echo>${project.compileClasspathElements}</echo>
								<echo>${project.dependencies[0].artifactId}</echo>
								<echo>${myVar}</echo>
							</tasks>
						</configuration>
						<goals>
							<goal>run</goal>
						</goals>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</build>
</project>
{code:xml}

and I have the result :
[INFO] Executing tasks
     [echo] [D:\DONNEES\emeric\workspace_eclipse\generique-projet-js\target\classes, D:\DONNEES\emeric\workspace_eclipse\.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\maven-plugin-api\2.0.6\maven-plugin-api-2.0.6.jar]
     [echo] maven-plugin-api
     [echo] maven-plugin-api
[INFO] Executed tasks

In src/main/resources I have a file test.properties :
{code:txt}
project.compileClasspathElements=${project.compileClasspathElements}
project.dependencies[0].artifactId=${project.dependencies[0].artifactId}
myVar=${myVar}
{code:txt}

I have result :
{code:txt}
project.compileClasspathElements=[D:\\DONNEES\\emeric\\workspace_eclipse\\generique-projet-js\\target\\classes]
project.dependencies[0].artifactId=${project.dependencies[0].artifactId}
myVar=${project.dependencies[0].artifactId}
{code:txt}

I think project.dependencies anly avaible in pom file.

If you see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/PLXUTILS-37
I understand this properties only scope on pom not a all access properties.

Can you explain your use case ?
Why want this properties to understand this issue and https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRESOURCES-31

PS : I think MRESOURCES-31 Is duplicate of this issue.
                
> ${project.dependencies[0].artifactId} is not expanded by resource filtering
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MRESOURCES-118
>                 URL: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRESOURCES-118
>             Project: Maven 2.x Resources Plugin
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: interpolation
>    Affects Versions: 2.3, 2.4, 2.4.1
>         Environment: Maven 2.2.1, Ubuntu 9.10, Java 6u16 
>            Reporter: Pascal Thivent
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: maven-resources-filtering-testcase.tar.bz2
>
>
> When filtering resources, ${project.dependencies[0].artifactId} is not expanded (remains
unchanged in the output file). 
> I've tried to define a property in my pom to workaround this issue:
> <properties>
>   <myartifact>${project.dependencies[0].artifactId}</myartifact>
> </properties>
> But, still, filtering the following file:
> {code:xml}
> <somenode>
>   <fileName>${project.dependencies[0].artifactId}</fileName>
>   <fileName>${myartifact}</fileName>
> </somenode>
> {code}
> Produces the following unexpected result:
> {code:xml}
> <somenode>
>   <fileName>${project.dependencies[0].artifactId}</fileName>
>   <fileName>${project.dependencies[0].artifactId}</fileName>
> </somenode>
> {code}
> The only working workaround I've found is to use the antrun plugin:
> {code:xml}
> <plugin>
>   <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
>   <executions>
>     <execution>
>       <phase>process-resources</phase>
>       <configuration>
>         <tasks>
>           <echo>${project.dependencies[0].artifactId}</echo>
>           <echo>${artifactId}</echo>
>           <replace file="${project.build.outputDirectory}/my.xml" token="@@@" value="${project.dependencies[0].artifactId}"/>

>         </tasks>
>       </configuration>
>       <goals>
>         <goal>run</goal>
>       </goals>
>     </execution>
>   </executions>
> </plugin>
> {code}
> I didn't test all cases but this problem may affect all "indexed" properties (as defined
in PLXUTILS-37).
> I'm attaching a sample project demonstrating this problem.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message