maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alessandro Zucchi (JIRA)" <j...@codehaus.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (MRELEASE-323) Release plugin (prepare goal) doesn't update more than one snapshot dependencies
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:31:29 GMT

    [ http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-323?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_125271
] 

Alessandro Zucchi commented on MRELEASE-323:
--------------------------------------------

Hi all,
I found the time to upload a simple example that reproduce the problem.

Step to follow:
1- install project in your repository (updating your SSC url (svn/ cvs ..)
2- run:   mvn -DpreparationGoals=clean,install -DautoVersionSubmodules=true release:clean
release:prepare           on framework project 
3- run:    mvn -DpreparationGoals=clean,install -DautoVersionSubmodules=true release:clean
release:prepare           on au project  end resolve all the SNAPSHOT dependencies prompted
(framework business &&  framework sistema)
4- Look at the au root pom.xml. You will see something of similar

<dependency>
	<groupId>test.zucchetti.qweb.framework</groupId>
	<artifactId>sistema</artifactId>
        <version>03.00.05-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
	<groupId>test.zucchetti.qweb.framework</groupId>
	<artifactId>business</artifactId>
	<version>03.00.04-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

Only one  SNAPSHOT dependency has been correctly updated.
For me this is a bug the I tryed to resolve  with this patch previously attached

Any help is appreciated
Alex


> Release plugin (prepare goal) doesn't update more than one snapshot dependencies
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MRELEASE-323
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-323
>             Project: Maven 2.x Release Plugin
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 2.0-beta-7
>         Environment: Any
>            Reporter: Alessandro Zucchi
>            Priority: Blocker
>         Attachments: patch.txt, test.zip
>
>
> I have a project so structured:
> au --------  au-business
>          |
>          |----  au-sistema
> Dependencies in au are:
> ...
> <dependencyManagement>
>         <dependencies>
>                 <dependency>
>                         <groupId>com.zucchetti.qweb.au</groupId>
>                         <artifactId>au-business</artifactId>
>                         <version>${project.version}</version>
>                 </dependency>
>                
>         <!--  external dependencies-->
>                 <dependency>
>                         <groupId>com.zucchetti.qweb.framework</groupId>
>                         <artifactId>sistema</artifactId>
>                         <version>03.00.02-SNAPSHOT</version>
>                 </dependency>
>                 <dependency>
>                         <groupId>com.zucchetti.qweb.framework</groupId>
>                         <artifactId>business</artifactId>
>                         <version>03.00.02-SNAPSHOT</version>
>                 </dependency>
>         </dependencies>
> </dependencyManagement>
> ...
> Dependencies in au-business are:
> ...
> <dependencies>
>                 <dependency>
>                         <groupId>com.zucchetti.qweb.framework</groupId>
>                         <artifactId>business</artifactId>
>                 </dependency>
>         </dependencies>
> ...
> Dependencies in au-sistema are:
> ...
>         <dependencies>
>                 <dependency>
>                         <groupId>com.zucchetti.qweb.au</groupId>
>                         <artifactId>au-business</artifactId>
>                 </dependency>
>                 <dependency>
>                         <groupId>com.zucchetti.qweb.framework</groupId>
>                         <artifactId>sistema</artifactId>
>                 </dependency>
>         </dependencies>
> ...
> When I make a mvn release:clean release:prepare  of au project the plugin, correctly,
ask me to resolve SNAPSHOTs dependencies. (framework-business   &&  framework-sistema)
> Unfortunatly at the end of the process only framework-sistema dependency (in au project)
has been modified, while framework-business no.
> I've debuged the problem and I found that if I force the two dependencies (framework-sistema,
framework-business) in the parent pom (pom of "au") all run fine (also if the process to resolve
SNAPSHOT dependencies get prompted tree times ...  too much I say ...).But I can't do this
change in production.
> So, I tryed to resolve the problem.
> I've attached a patch.
> Best regards
> Alex 

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message