maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Claus Ibsen (JIRA)" <j...@codehaus.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (SUREFIRE-312) Surefire report includes other testcases in TEST-XXX.xml files
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2007 11:59:37 GMT

    [ http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-312?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_91008
] 

Claus Ibsen commented on SUREFIRE-312:
--------------------------------------

Sorry I was using Maven 2.05 vanilla and it has this buggy surefire plugin.

After specifying:
                <version>2.3</version>
in my pom.xml it works.

So this bug can be closed.

PS: Get a Maven 2.06 out of the door :)


> Surefire report includes other testcases in TEST-XXX.xml files
> --------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SUREFIRE-312
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-312
>             Project: Maven Surefire
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: report plugin
>    Affects Versions: 2.3
>         Environment: Windows XP, JUnit
>            Reporter: Claus Ibsen
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: surefire-bug.JPG
>
>
> I am a comitter on WebWork/XWork and we have changed to maven.
> I have some strange behaviour using maven and running the unit tests using surefire.
> I have discovered that surefire reports more testcases in it's TEST-XXX.xml files than
there actually are testXXX methods for within the JUnit testcase.
> As an example is this JUnit test file that has 13 methods for testing.
> <testsuite errors="0" skipped="0" tests="13" time="0.015" failures="0" name="com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.TimerInterceptorTest">
> But in the bottom of the TEST-com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.TimerInterceptorTest.xml
file there are much more testcases listed (the 13 from the bottom is the correct tests):
>   <testcase time="0.109" name="testModelDrivenGetsPushedOntoStack"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testStackNotModifedForNormalAction"/>
>   <testcase time="0.015" name="testInterception1"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testInterception3"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testInterception2"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testBasicBlocked"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testBasicAllowed"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testAllSubpropertiesAllowed"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testEnsureOnlyPropsBlocked"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testAllSubpropertiesBlocked"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testBasicBlockAll"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testTreeBlocking"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesAndExcludesMethodWithExcludeWildcard"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testExcludesMethodWithWildCard"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testInvokesActionInvocationIfNoErrors"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesAndExcludesMethodWithIncludeWildcardAndNoMatches"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesAndExcludesMethodAllWildCarded"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesAndExcludesMethodWithIncludeWildcard"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesMethod"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesAndExcludesMethod"/>
>   <testcase time="0.015" name="testNoValidateAction"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesMethodWithWildcard"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testExcludesMethod"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testReturnsInputWithoutExecutingIfHasErrors"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testErrorLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testInfoLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testInputMethod"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testLogCategoryLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testDebugLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testWarnLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testFatalLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testLogCategory"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testTraceLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testDefault"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testNoNamespace"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testTimerInterceptor"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testInvalidLogLevel"/>
> So when you generate the surefire report using: mvn surefire-report:report
> The HTML report is wrong as it would list to many testcases when you browse each junit
test class.
> It can be tested by checking out the source code from XWork and run: mvn test.
> URL: https://svn.opensymphony.com/svn/xwork/trunk
> Se the attached image.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message