maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net>
Subject Re: FYI
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 07:43:59 GMT
Hi Jason,

On Jun 7, 2008, at 9:30 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just letting folks know that I've taken what's in trunk and I've
> been chopping it apart for a couple weeks:
>
> - removing plexus as a requirement
> - dumped the doxia-book module -- it doesn't belong in the core
> - dumped the doxia-maven-plugin module -- it doesn't belong in the
> core
> - dumped the doxia-logging-api -- I don't know who did this but it's
> just a bad idea
> - i combined the parser and sink apis. they are never used apart in
> practice, the separate attempt failed inside maven

Sounds cool.

I'm curious about this last statement. In the design I have for
xwiki's rendering and in wikimodel too the Parser API and the Sink
(Listener in xwiki's and wikimodel's cases) are separated and this
seems to make sense. For example the Parser generates a DOM, on which
transformations can be applied (it can be cached too) and the Sink
(Listener in xwiki's and wikimodel's cases) is used to transform the
DOM's events into something else (PDF, RTF, wiki syntax, XHTML, etc).

In this context I'm not sur what "combined parser and sink apis"
means. Could you explain a bit? My chief concern is that I'm currently
wrapping Doxia into XWiki and I'd like to continue to be able to do so
in the future.

Thanks
-Vincent