maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MNG-3402
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 02:09:59 GMT

On 13/05/2008, at 10:58 PM, Lukas Theussl wrote:

> I am not sure I understand correctly the implications of MNG-3402
> [1] wrt the beta-1 release plan. Is the following correct?
>
> - in order for the site plugin to use doxia-beta-1, we need to
> resolve MNG-3402
>
> - MNG-3402 can be resolved in three different ways: 1) release
> maven-2.0.10 with doxia bumped to beta-1, 2) remove the sink-api
> filtering as proposed by Vincent, 3) both of the two

I'm not sure (2) or (3) will work - it will probably cause classloader
violations as both sets of code try to use a different sink class

> - however it is resolved, the site plugin would have a prereq on
> maven-2.0.10, is that right?

correct

> - we will have to release a couple of other things together with the
> site plugin (PIR, plugin-plugin at least) also with deps bumped to
> doxia-beta-1.
>
> Any more insight would be welcome...

Is there any way to make the changes in a class that is not Sink?

What is really needed is a way to minimise the amount of stuff passed
between the Maven core and the plugins.

Cheers,
Brett

--