maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Twiki Module Enhancements
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 07:48:44 GMT
If you create a JIRA issue and attach a patch, I'll apply it. I've
been playing with the confluence parser in the last few days and the
twiki parser is very similar so I can work on it.

On 22-May-08, at 11:41 PM, Abhijit Bagri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am Abhijit and work in a platform team at Yahoo! We recently moved
> documentation of our project from our Twiki web to mvn, primarily so
> that we could maintain our documentation more effectively and keep
> it in sync with rapidly changing feature set of our platform.
>
> I tried using the twiki module. I found it quite a bit done, but
> there were a bunch of features we needed for us to use it. I have
> enhanced/modified the twiki module for the following features:
>
> 1. Enable doxia macros in twiki-module. The syntax I have chosen for
> this is %MACRO_NAME|param=value|param2=value2%
> This was most important for the toc macro. A related change which
> was needed is #2
>
> 2. Since toc needed the whole doc source to be supplied, I had to
> modify ByLineSource implementation to have the entire source. Since
> changing the whole line based implementation was taknig too much, I
> just emulated whole source reading and supporting the getLine method
> in the new implementation.
>
> 3. Enable linking of wiki words.
>
> Earlier a [[MyWikiWord]] would get likned to ./MyWikiWord. I am not
> sure why it was this way. Some light on this? I needed it to point
> it to ./MyWikiWord.html to be useful. Similarly for linking up
> wikiwords in [[][]].
>
> 4. Enable HTML tags. I saw a JIRA on this. Its not assigned so I
> guess I can put in my patch there
>
> 5. Enabling verbatim and blockquote. verbatim did not seem to work
> properly for me.
>
> We are currently using a patched version of alpha-9 successfully at
> Yahoo! (for internal usage only). However, We though that the
> community may benefit from this and decided to contribute back.
>
> I see that the current tag is 11-alpha. I would appreciate if
> someone could let me know progress on these issues. I will create
> necessary JIRA for this and add my patch after that.
>
> Thanks
> Abhijit

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.