maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Lukas Theussl <ltheu...@apache.org>
Subject doxia logging api
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 20:04:14 GMT

In order to test doxia-beta-1-SNAPSHOT with maven-2.0.10 and
site-plugin-2.0-beta-7 I had to add doxia-logging-api to the Set of
filtered artifacts in MavenArtifactFilterManager, otherwise I always
ended up with some weird LinkageErrors. I don't know if this is going to
be a concern or can be avoided or solved differently, but in any case,
I'd first like to  get some feedback about the cause, which is the way
we have added logging to doxia [1]. I'm wondering if there is not a
better way before pinning it down for beta-1.

The current situation is such that both Sink and Parser extend
doxia.logging.LogEnabled, ie the logging is implemented on the api
level. The reason is that we want the same logger to be propagated from
DefaultDoxia to the Parser and from each Parser to any Sink. As noted by
Vincent [1], this is not a very natural solution, but not being too
familiar with plexus, I didn't see another way. I'd be happily corrected...

Btw, I have staged versions of the Maven [2] and Doxia [3] sites, built
with doxia-beta-1-SNAPSHOT, for review. And as an encore: the
corresponding pdfs built with the sandbox pdf plugin [4,5].

Cheers,
-Lukas

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-145
[2] http://people.apache.org/~ltheussl/maven-stage-site/