maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Lukas Theussl <ltheu...@apache.org>
Subject link/anchors in apt
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 12:40:28 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to fix http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-208 in beta-1
still to avoid possible breaking changes later on. I am a bit confused
about APT though as we seem to have a lot of different standards
floating around in our own docs. Just to make sure I am on the right
track, this is how I understand that things should work, which we should
enforce in beta-1:

1) external links are links that start with http:/ , https:/ , ftp:/ ,
file:/ , mailto: , ../ , or ./  (Windows-style ..\  and .\  are NOT
allowed contrary to the original apt docs).

This means in particular that links to other source documents have to
start with ./ or ../, ie something like {{getting-started/index.html}}
is NOT valid, you nee to pre-pend ./ (just to be clear: this is APT
specific, the above link would be valid in an xdoc).

2) internal links are links to anchors within the same source document,
eg "Link to {{anchor}}". Anchors have to be valid id's as defined in the
Sink javadocs for anchor() [1].

This means in particular that links to anchors must not start with "#",
eg all the links in the beginning of [2] are NOT valid.

Does that sound reasonable? The alternative would be to handle links a
la HTML, ie to mark internal links with "#" as suggested at DOXIA-208,
this would render the examples at [2] valid.

Any comments/objections?
-Lukas

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/doxia/doxia/trunk/doxia-sink-api/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/doxia/sink/Sink.java