maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From "Benjamin Bentmann" <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Review Link Handling in APT
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:07:10 GMT
Hi,

According to the APT Reference [0] and the output delivered by the Maven
Site Plugin 2.0-beta-6, the construct

  {{{foo}baa}}

denotes an internal link to the anchor "foo" in the current document. I
believe this kind of linking is inconsistent/unintuitive and hence
error-prone.

For example, {{{dir/doc.pdf}baa}} will render an external link as expected.
Now let's move doc.pdf up one directory. The appealing snippet
{{{doc.pdf}baa}} will not give you the desired external link but out of a
sudden an internal link. To get the desired link, users need to write
{{{./doc.pdf}baa}}.

Wouldn't it be easier, both for users and the parser, if APT would handle
links just like the well-known HTML format? I.e. a link is internal if and
only if it starts with '#'.

What do you think?

Benjamin

[0] http://maven.apache.org/doxia/references/apt-format.html