maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net>
Subject Re: Breaking changes on Doxia trunk ok?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:36:24 GMT
Hi guys,

I've been thinking about this today and I think the best is for me to
continue writing the XWiki parser/Sinks inside of the XWiki code base
since this will allow me the best speed of development. In practice
the infra classes I need are minimal: a Sink interface, a Parser
interface and that's all so doing my dev inside or outside of Doxia
itself doesn't matter much.

Also I'd really like to have a wrapper in XWiki so that xwiki core
code doesn't directly depend on Doxia but instead depends on some
XWiki interfaces. Thus I need to do that wrapper work anyway.

What I'll do thus is move the code I started in the maven sandbox in
XWiki's code base and refactor the sandbox implementation I have done
to use the xwiki sources as a binary dependency. It should be quite
easy to make a bridge from the direction xwiki --> doxia since the
xwiki implementation will be richer than the doxia one.

In parallel I'll wait for the 1.0 release and then start contributing
the changes I have done to Doxia.

I'll start doing a POC right now and see if this can work fine.

Thanks
-Vincent