maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net>
Subject Breaking changes on Doxia trunk ok?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:02:57 GMT
Hi,

I'm just starting development on Doxia and I need to understand the
strategy since I need to make lots of breaking changes to accomodate
the XWiki use cases (I'm planning to replace XWiki's rendering engine
from Radeox to Doxia).

I've just talked to VincentS and Lukas and the consensus I got was
that I could just commit away on trunk and make breaking changes since:
a) 1.0 has not been released yet and the API is not final and thus
it's the right time to do this
b) there an alpha branch that the current Doxia users (like Maven
itself) can use id they don't want to upgrade to the changes made.

So I'd like agreement that I can make my changes on trunk. Namely I'd
like to implement these (and more to come):

* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-203: Add support for level 6
sections and generalize Sink API for sections
* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-202: Add an API for getting a
tree of syntax blocks
* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-165: Add support for macros
* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-164: Add support for