maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net>
Subject FigureBlock and XWiki's image macro
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:11:34 GMT
Hi,

I'm progressing with the XWiki parser but I have to take a decision.

The XWiki image macro accepts several parameters:
http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Macros/ImageMacro

However the Sink figure events only accepts a location and a caption.

I can see only 2 solutions:

1) Do not generate figure events but instead generate a Macro event
(this is a new event I'd like to add to the Sink API, it would be a
name and a Map of properties (name/value pairs)). This means that only
sinks who understand the "image" macro will be able to correctly
interpret the macro.

2) Add extra parameters to the figure event, in a generic way (by add
a map of properties for example).

The issue with both 1) and 2) is that the parameters are non-
standardized if we do it in a generic way and this will make it
difficult to have interoperability with all sinks. However such an
interoperability is anyway difficult and it's better to have the
ability for a sink to fully understand a given format than not at all.

Any other idea?

Thanks
-Vincent