maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Lukas Theussl <ltheu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Breaking changes on Doxia trunk ok?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:41:51 GMT
I am for B) because that's what (I thought) we had agreed upon in the
past. I always understood that doxia is still alpha, that I was allowed
to make changes on trunk, and that we would stabilize the API with the
first beta release. Also, as you say, we have already made some breaking
changes to current trunk (eg DOXIA-137, DOXIA-155), and there are a
number of open bugs whose fix will entail some breakig changes (since in
practice people use hacks to workaround those bugs). However, I haven't
tested recently if beta-1 works with the site plugin (it didn't when I
tried a while ago).

Anyway, in order to push things forward, I would agree to do a 1.0
release from the current alpha branch. I would vote with a belly-ache
though because I feel that for a 1.0-final label there are some
important things missing (DOXIA-123, DOXIA-138, DOXIA-145). OTOH some of
the things that are fixed in beta-1 could well go into a 1.0 release, eg
all the work Dave Syer has done on the confluence module.

I'd first like to hear Dennis' opinion though, he should know best how
things work with various Maven plugins. I haven't had much time for
doxia recently and even though I still plan to do things, I don't think
I can contribute much in the near future...

Cheers,
-Lukas