maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net>
Subject Doxia Parsing API?
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:13:32 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to implement a Doxia parser for XWiki. However I've noticed
there's no standard in Doxia yet for parsing. Actually looking at
Doxia confluence, twiki and Apt I see each does it with his own code.
However the Confluence and TWiki implementations are very similar,
each defining Block, BlockParser, etc.

Is someone working on offering a parsing api in doxia so that:
1) duplications can be removed
2) people can more easily write parsers for different syntaxes

Since my goal is to use Doxia as the rendering mechanism for XWiki I'd
need the parser to be very fast (each request will lead to parsing the
content). Does anyone have any idea how the Confluence parser compares
for example with, say, a JavaCC-generated parser?

Thanks
-Vincent