maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net>
Subject Adding DOM tree support to Doxia?
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:02:05 GMT
Hi,

While it's nice that Doxia supports stream-parsing, there are valid
use cases for generating a DOM tree of source elements (the Blocks
that can be found in the confluence and twiki parser implementations
for example).

Since the confluence and twiki parsers already need these blocks, and
since I need them too for the XWiki parser I think there's already a
valid use case for them.

In addition, I would add the method to return this DOM tree to the
Parser class in doxia-core (or add 2 interfaces, one for stream
parsers and one for DOM parsers).

WDYT?

Note: In XWiki land we need to parse all pages into a DOM tree for
performance reasons: we'll cache the DOM tree so that the rendering
can be done faster.

Thanks
-Vincent