maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From "Juan F. Codagnone" <juan-o...@zauber.com.ar>
Subject Re: Doxia Parsing API?
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:01:37 GMT
Hi Vicent,

On Wednesday 19 December 2007, Vincent Massol wrote:
> I'd like to implement a Doxia parser for XWiki. However I've noticed
> there's no standard in Doxia yet for parsing. Actually looking at
> Doxia confluence, twiki and Apt I see each does it with his own code.
> However the Confluence and TWiki implementations are very similar,
> each defining Block, BlockParser, etc.
> content). Does anyone have any idea how the Confluence parser compares
> for example with, say, a JavaCC-generated parser?

The confluence parser was made after the twiki parser by Jason.

When i first wrote the twiki parser i felt that it was easier to make an adhoc
parser instead of a generated one for a language that has many exceptions.
(Also i was also reading a TDD book at that time, and i wanted to make some
practice, and the adhoc parser was perfect)

Here is the original post
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-doxia-dev/200511.mbox/%3c200511161959.22110.juam@users.sourceforge.net%3e

Two years later i think it was a good decision. One developer that never saw
the original code was conforable adding new language feature and bugfixes.

In terms of of fast rendering mechanism, the twiki parser has a draback: it
first builds a block tree (like a DOM tree), and then the block generates the
events for the Sink.

Juan.

--
Buenos Aires, Argentina                            22°C with winds at 9 km/h E