maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: List parsing with Confluence parser wrong?
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:59:59 GMT

On 21 Oct 07, at 9:02 AM 21 Oct 07, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The APT and Confluence parsers behave differently when parsing lists.
>
> The APT parser generates paragraph()/paragraph_() events for each
> list item whereas the Confluence parser doesn't.
>
> So my questions are:
>
> 1) Who's right? This is very important since a Sink will output
> different results if the parsers behave differently

The APT parser came first and is the canonical parser and it came
from the Pixware folks. I would use it as your rule of thumb.

> 2) How do we ensure parsers are correct in the events they send?

I would say parsing a document to an in memory model of a Sink and
then validate that.

> For 2), we should probably have an abstract test case similar to
> what is done in AbstractSinkTest for Sinks.
>
> For 1) I've checked and it seems TWiki also doens't output paragraph
> () events for list items.
>
> So is the AptParser wrong?

No, I don't think so. The confluence and twiki were done together,
but the APT parser came first and was originally written by the first
author of the framework. So I would say the APT parser is right.

> Thanks
> -Vincent

Thanks,

Jason