maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Lukas Theussl <ltheu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Confluence module outstanding issues...
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:27:19 GMT

Dave Syer wrote:
> I already took that approach with the patch I submitted for DOXIA-169.  The
> test actually goes beyond the one for the APT version.  Also, the APT one
> uses AptSink to accept output and make assertions about it.  There is no
> ConfluenceSink so I used TextSink - which I think is a better approach
> anyway because I wouldn't want the test case to tightly couple the *Parser
> and *Sink.

Absolutely. I think in the apt case, the apt sink is only used to test
some special features, like macros, but in general, testing a parser
should not depend on a particular sink, and vice versa (see eg
DOXIA-100, DOXIA-101 for cases we have fixed already).

> I can't write the whole test suite in one go, and I'm not sure why that
> would help (all the tests would fail to start with), but we can do it bit by
> bit if you like, one feature at a time.

I mainly meant that it would help me to get familiar with the confluence
format. It would also be good to have a standard test document for each
parser, since then we can compare the parsing output with any arbitrary
  test sink, eg the TextSink.

I don't see why all the tests would fail first, because the
AbstractParserTest by itself doesn't assert anything (apart some basic
well-formedness), it only parses the document so as long as parsing is
fine, you won't break anything.

-Lukas