maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.0-alpha-9 release checklist
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 21:08:52 GMT
Lukas Theussl wrote:

> Vincent Siveton wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Mainly for Dennis who kindly suggests to do the release, here are some
>> doc issues:

I have built all of doxia plus the site-plugin and deployed new
snapshots. I'll give you guys until tomorrow to pull the breaks, if
something is still missing. Then I'll put together the release bits for
voting.

>> * publish the site decoration descriptor XSD and the associated doc.
>> Actually, it is decoration-1.0.0.xsd but I would prefer to name it
>> decoration-1.0.0-alpha-9.xsd. WDYT?
>> Moreover, where to publish it? in http://maven.apache.org/xsd/ ? or
>> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/xsd/ ? IMHO, the second one seems to be
>> the right place.

The issue for this is now at DOXIASITETOOLS-1 (moved from the site-plugin).

> I just had a look at this, the generated xsd suffers from the same
> modello bugs that I mentioned at DOXIA-136 (attributes are written as
> elements). Since it's practically unusable, I wouldn't bother publishing
> it, even as an alpha...
>

>> * since fml descriptor is buggy (DOXIA-136), we shouldn't publish it.

So we will not be publishing any xsd this time around. We'll have to put
  some work into getting modello to do what we want. Hopefully for the
next release...

>> * we need (short) reference pages for FML and xdoc [1].

Already done, as noted.

>> * We need to publish also the dev sites of doxia and doxia-sitetools.
>> I suggest to put them at http://maven.apache.org/doxia/ref/ like on
>> the maven site. WDYT?

I've changed distributionManagement so that we have this structure of
the site:

doxia           -> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/ref/doxia/
doxia-sitetools -> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/ref/doxia-sitetools/
site            -> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/

> There are several sub-project sites that have been deployed once already
> in a preliminary state [1], I think we can remove those pages and just
> put the top-level sites of doxia/ and doxia-sitetools/, which contain
> the links to all sub-modules. And put some links there from the main
> doxia site (Developer docs, or so).

I added site.xml files for doxia and doxia-sitetools which includes a
skin and the modules menu. Also added a "Developer docs" menu in site.

I agree that we should remove the old published docs when the new site
has been deployed.

> -Lukas
>
> [1]
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-core/
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-modules/
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-sink-api/
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-book/
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-decoration-model/
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-doc-renderer/
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-editor/
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-maven-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-sandbox/
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-site-renderer/
>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Vincent
>>
>> [1] http://maven.apache.org/doxia/references/index.html
>>
>> 2007/9/4, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org>:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> Just trying to sum up all remaining issues for the release. This is what
>>> I have left on my checklist:
>>>
>>> - Await [vote] to include doxia-book and doxia-maven-plugin. The vote
>>> ends on friday the 7th.

Vote finished and components has been moved.

--
Dennis Lundberg