maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Siveton" <vincent.sive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Design thoughts
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:41:33 GMT
Hi Jason,

2007/7/30, Jason van Zyl <jason@maven.org>:

> On 30 Jul 07, at 5:06 AM 30 Jul 07, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>
> > Brett Porter wrote:
> >> I haven't been keeping track unfortunately, so maybe I'm missing a
> >> piece of the puzzle.
> >> How does a 'Markup' relate to a 'Parser', which is what I thought
> >> the terminology was for this?
> >
> > The Markup classes contain utility constants/methods for handling
> > markup. Constants like these would go into XmlMarkup
> >   String START_MARKUP = "<";
> >   String END_MARKUP = ">";
> >

> This is still something that happens in the parser yes? You're
> parsing the markup and these interfaces would be used during the
> parsing of the incoming stream, yes?

These markups interfaces are only used to define constants which are
used by parser and module sinks (actually apt, xdoc, xhtml)

> > General stuff that
> >
> >> The only caution I urge is that anything that changes doxia-sink-
> >> api might limit the ability to use it across different versions of
> >> Maven. Other than that, I think it'd be good to decide the target
> >> public API, write it up and then refactor towards it... it might
> >> be easier to understand holistically.
> >
> > Yup, we need to be careful not to move too much to the API, but I
> > think Vincent is only talking about the really general stuff here.
>
> You can't make any binary incompatible changes at all at this point
> even though doxia says it's in alpha everything is bound to it.

AFAIK we don't plan to change the Sink API at all.
The only changes (for beta-1) could be to add few methods like
keywords() (DOXIA-129) or to handle styles.

Cheers,

Vincent