maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r561199 - /maven/doxia/doxia-sitetools/trunk/pom.xml
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:18:04 GMT

On 31 Jul 07, at 8:31 AM 31 Jul 07, Vincent Siveton wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> I got now this following exception in doxia-site-renderer project.

This is really a testing problem, you are using 2.0.7 and I was using
2.1 so I didn't notice but the tests are pulling in the new container
when it should be running the tests with the container Maven is using.

Try the following:

1) Install the doxia jars by turning the tests off at first
2) Update the site plugin, build and install (i updated plexus-utils
to 1.4.5)
3) Try to generate a site

This should work fine. Now go back to doxia and fork the tests so it
spins up a new JVM. This should work but still isn't technically
right. We should just block the container from entering the test
classpath while running in-situ because the older version of Maven
can't deal with methods that have been added in subsequent versions
of plexus. I can't remember if surefire can filter out JARs from the
classpath.

I won't be here during the day but I'll be back tonight and I can
check anything then. I can generate sites, using the site plugin
using the new chain of releases so everything should be fine.

> Cheers,
>
> Vincent
>
> testRender
> (org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRendererTest)
>  Time elapsed: 0.171 sec  <<< ERROR!
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.ComponentDescriptor.setSource
> (Ljava/lang/String;)V
> 	at
> org.codehaus.plexus.component.discovery.DefaultComponentDiscoverer.cre
> ateComponentDescriptors(DefaultComponentDiscoverer.java:68)
> 	at
> org.codehaus.plexus.component.discovery.AbstractComponentDiscoverer.fi
> ndComponents(AbstractComponentDiscoverer.java:107)
> 	at
> org.codehaus.plexus.container.initialization.ComponentDiscoveryPhase.d
> iscoverComponents(ComponentDiscoveryPhase.java:83)
> 	at
> org.codehaus.plexus.container.initialization.ComponentDiscoveryPhase.e
> xecute(ComponentDiscoveryPhase.java:45)
> 	at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.initializePhases
> (DefaultPlexusContainer.java:900)
> 	at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.initialize
> (DefaultPlexusContainer.java:844)
> 	at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.construct
> (DefaultPlexusContainer.java:820)
> 	at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.<init>
> (DefaultPlexusContainer.java:204)
> 	at org.codehaus.plexus.PlexusTestCase.setUp(PlexusTestCase.java:94)
> 	at
> org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRendererTest.setUp
> (DefaultSiteRendererTest.java:66)
>

> 2007/7/30, jvanzyl@apache.org <jvanzyl@apache.org>:
>> Author: jvanzyl
>> Date: Mon Jul 30 17:29:39 2007
>> New Revision: 561199

>> Log:
>> o updating to release of plexus-utils, plexus (the single jar)
>>

> [SNIP]

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl