maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Design thoughts
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:06:41 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:
> I haven't been keeping track unfortunately, so maybe I'm missing a piece
> of the puzzle.
>
> How does a 'Markup' relate to a 'Parser', which is what I thought the
> terminology was for this?

The Markup classes contain utility constants/methods for handling
markup. Constants like these would go into XmlMarkup
   String START_MARKUP = "<";
   String END_MARKUP = ">";

General stuff that

> The only caution I urge is that anything that changes doxia-sink-api
> might limit the ability to use it across different versions of Maven.
> Other than that, I think it'd be good to decide the target public API,
> write it up and then refactor towards it... it might be easier to
> understand holistically.

Yup, we need to be careful not to move too much to the API, but I think
Vincent is only talking about the really general stuff here.

--
Dennis Lundberg