maven-doxia-dev mailing list archives

From Lukas Theussl <ltheu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: APTEditor + Doxia
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:24:44 GMT

Vincent Siveton wrote:
> Hi Math!
>
> I recently add a pointer on your tool, so I am aware about your tool.
>
> 2007/7/25, Mathieu Avoine <avoinemt@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm developing an Eclipse plugin called APT Editor which, like its name
>> suggests, is an editor/viewer for APT files. Basically, it offers an
>> "edit"
>> pane to update the contents of the document, and a "view" pane to preview
>> the formatted version of the document in HTML.
>

> It is a great tool for dev. We could have a live renderer.
>
>> The project page is http://apteditor.sf.net
>>
>> Some people asked me if it was possible to offer the possibility to use
>> Maven Doxia's parser/renderer instead of the original code from pixware.
>> Sounds like a good idea to me, however not being a Doxia developer
>> (not even
>> a Maven user to be honest) I wouldn't know where to look.
>>
>> I'd appreciate if someone could give me some pointers as to how I could
>> integrate Doxia with the APT Editor. To summarize, I'd need to know what
>> libraries to load and what methods to invoke to generate an HTML
>> version of
>> a given APT file into a chosen directory.
>

> First, I suggest you to do a smart co of the doxia site
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/doxia/site
> We added lot of documentations these days.

Would be nice if we could publish the new docs already (for people who
are not familiar with maven to build the site themselves), at least
somewhere on a stage site, or even live, since the main site is just
user docs. WDYT?

> And another co from the full doxia project
>
> The apt parser is here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/doxia/doxia/trunk/doxia-modules/doxia-module-apt

Another link that might be useful is Trygve's doxia-editor:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/sandbox/trunk/doxia/doxia-editor/

It's still in the sandbox and not very much advanced (it currently only
does apt -> xdoc conversion, and that not correctly... :( ), but from
what I understand, it's supposed to be a stand-alone editor/renderer for
any doxia-supported format.

> FYI, Lukas started an issue to see the differences between pixware APT
> parser and doxia one: DOXIA-138

Here's the full link, just in case ;)

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-138

Cheers,